Get a Free iPhone 4

Monday, October 25, 2010

iPod nano has big markup

The iPod nano 6G is quite possibly Apples tiniest product. However that's about the only thing tiny about it, especially when it comes to the markup in price.

Estimates of the cost to manufacture the iPod nano 6G has been rumored around $45 dollars for the 8GB model. Which means at a $149 retail price, the unit is seeing roughly a 300% markup in price. No wonder Apple makes money hand over fist.

People are much more aware of cost on products these day and a 300% markup would make it tough for anyone to come to terms with at the check out. But when it comes to Apple people seem to put any kind of reasoning aside and see the glitz and glamor of their products.

I admit I'm the same way. Apple has a strong allure to me and I love their products. But a 300% markup does seem a little extreme. Anyways, I've got to cut this post short, I've got an 8GB nano on hold at Wal Mart I've got to go pick up.

Posted via email from free-iphone-4's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment